Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Rough Draft-Reflection

Part 1: Evaluate your own performance using the language found on the performance rubric and Crit B descriptors. 


-What did you do well? 
I think I interacted with the audience well. Also, I used gromalot effectively, and I tried to have very exaggerated emotions. I had more than 5 mimed interactions, and only used one prop, which was the chair. I was not nice to the First Actress, and so I think my character interaction was clear. I tried to walk in figure of eights, and lead with open hips. 


-What did feedback did you receive? What do you need to improve? 
Nafisa and Shadman said I was fine. I could have tried to exemplify my character a bit more. 


-What specific things will you do to improve before performance?
Before the final performance, I think we need to clear up the end, as Aditi was a bit unsure and I didn't know what to do. 


Part 2: Evaluate another group's rough draft (someone who didn't do as well as you) using the language found on the performance rubric and Crit B descriptors. 


-What did they do well? 
In Farah's group, there were three people, Ayasha, Kheilah and Farah. I think that they did well in showing who their commedia characters were. I am almost certain that Ayasha was Brighella, Kheilah was Columbina and Farah was First Actress. I am pretty sure they had a few mimed interactions, and only used about 2 props. I think it was slightly above two minutes, which is within the time limit, and some gromalot was used.


-What feedback would you give them? 
I would say that they had some audience interactions but could have taken out to the audience a bit more. Also, they could have had a bolder interaction, like bring someone up. The gromalot sounded very similar throughout the scene. Although the com media statuses were clear, I don't think they used any of the body parts. For example, Brighella should have been leading with closed hips, but I felt she stayed normal throughout the entire performance. I think they developed their skills, and some of their ideas were clear. Their acting was of a good standard. 


-What specific things could they do to improve before performance?
To improve, they could use different vocabulary, almost everything said sounded the same. Also, it wasn't clear exactly what happened in the scene, so they could work on that a bit more. They need to become their character, and especially lead with their body part. I think Farah and Ayasha could have exaggerated their emotions a bit more, like when something was stolen, Farah could be more surprised and worried, and Brighella could have tried to act super innocent.

3: Evaluate another group's rough draft (someone who you think performed better than you) using the language found on the performance rubric and Crit B descriptors. 

-What did they do well? 
I think Guglielmo might have been Brighella. They did well in the sense that there was quite a bit of lazzi in their scene. They used gromalot effectively and Gugli's expressions were very exaggerated. The scene was comfortably within the time limit. However, I wasn't able to clearly identify Rohan's character as he died very early in the scene.


-What feedback would you give them? 
I would say that they had some interactions with the audience, however, the interactions could be more thought out. Also, I feel that Rohan's character was killed too soon and Gugli led most of the scene. There was a good use of gromalot. Could have had a few more take-outs. Only pillows were used as a prop, very limited, so that is good. There were also many mimed interactions. To include Rohan more in the scene, they could have a part in the beginning, which makes Gugli angry and then he stabs Rohan. It is just an idea. 


-What specific things could they do to improve before performance?
Specifically, I would focus on keeping Rohan a live because he wasn't very active in the scene. There also could have been more mimed actions. I understood that Rohan was killed by Guglielmo, but what was the purpose? I feel this could be explained a bit more clearly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment